21 March 2007

Representing on Thursday

Hey guys. Just a quick note to say I'm planning to attend the Yarn Harlot's "Represent" event tomorrow. I have a meeting with one of my advisors (the out-of-town, not-quite-as-bad-as-the-other one) that day, so I decided that it was not only legitimate, but required that I go to the Harlot talk, because it may be the only thing powerful enough to shake me out of my stupor of misery so I can work productively again. So I just wanted to let you all know to look for me if you're there too - I'll try to remember to wear my red Icarus so you'll know who I am. Sadly, I won't be able to be part of the Central Park sock picture or take part in any of the other events, but at least I'll make it to the talk! I'll bring my camera and report back in full, I promise (though maybe not immediately as I do need to work all weekend).

In the meantime, go visit Ayla and say hi - she was going to go to the Harlot talk too, but had to cancel because she lost her job. :-(

6 comments:

ayla said...

Aww! that's so sweet that I got a shout out. I'm glad you're going. The job thing was only part of the equation, but it was the biggest part. The other two parts are our new house that we're closing on in a week, and our new baby that I'll be having in 7 months. :D And I didn't technically lose my job, I'm just not allowed to work or schedule any hours, and I'm not getting paid, and I can't work until I get another job, so it's basically like losing my job except I didn't get fired and therefore can't get unemployment. It sucks. But thank you for going in my stead, I can't wait to see pictures!

And someday, when I do get to NYC, we will have to meet up. Srsly.

Dame Wendy said...

Hurray! Marty and I will be there too. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you. :)

jill said...

Oh, I am envious. Mad, mad with envy, I tell you...

She has just got to come down to DC (and I have just got to be here when she does - as opposed to... maybe being in New York, which would just be too, too O Henry. I mean, Gift THIS, Magi!).

Ahem. Have a good time.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So jealous, have fun!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous too! I was hoping to go but I have two finals and a paper due on Saturday (and shouldn't be visiting blogland). And, when the Harlot is in Cleveland 3/30 @ 2:00p, I will be at the very first class of the capstone course (my very LAST class for my MBA) . . . and the stupid syllabus is big enought that it can be bound in a friggin book . . . so I cannot go there either.

I am hoping that the prof announces at 1:00 p.m. that he has to leave to to Jos.Beth at Legacy Village. Or maybe if he sees me working on my knitting, he might pop up with "did you know that the YH is at Jos.Beth today? Why don't you leave early?" It can happen. Oh, look, and there goes another flying pig!

Marianne said...

Envious as hell with a big grin plastered on my face for you, have a wonderful time. Mmmmm Red Icarus.