8 Very Random Things
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I've been sucked into the great time warp that is the Ravelry "Big Issues Debate" group forum. If you don't already know what this is, don't ask. And no, don't get antsy because you're still on the ravelry waiting list - I mean, no, get antsy, 'cause Ravelry rocks, but not because you're missing out on this one particular forum, because either you won't care or it will eat up all your time, so no need to get there any sooner than necessary. For those who've been there, I only need to say three words: pinny porn, and pie.
2. While I was out in Long Island (where I was headed last you heard on this blog), my wireless card for my laptop suddenly decided not to work anymore. So I was limited on internet time on a public computer, and I had to spend every moment I had on job search stuff. It sucked!
3. I was totally buried for the first week or so after getting back to NYC in visa stuff. The good news is, my visa will be here on the 2nd!!!! yahoo!!!! And trust me, you do NOT want to know how much insanity, time and money was involved in finally getting it. Suffice to say it wasn't pretty, and I wasn't in a good place from which to post. (btw, the less than great news is that the earliest flight I could get after that was the 8th, but at least I'm finally going!!)
4. Since the visa thing got more or less under control I had to frantically bury myself in the job search thing as there were a bunch of deadlines right around now. I'm still busy, but it's under control as of late last night after I pulled a 12-hour stint in the campus computer lab to finish getting the last bits together.
5. I haven't been knitting or even spinning. Not one single bit since I got back to NYC. Too much other crap going on, and lots of exhaustion, and not much space. I did do some cool stuff while on Long Island and even have pics sitting on my camera, but I can't use my laptop at all where I'm staying at the moment, and it's a pain to bring to the campus computer, and yadda yadda. Sorry. Will catch up when I can.
6. I haven't properly read a blog in a while either, for all the reasons already mentioned. I hadn't realized before quite how much you all inspire me all the time. I can't wait to get back into it!
7. I have a crick in my shoulder from too much web browsing. Seriously - it's the mouse clicky-clicky action, as opposed to typing. And it's not all Ravelry's fault - the job search stuff is at least half of that.
8. I think I'm out of random reasons. Much less good reasons.
I'm too lazy to tag properly, but here are 8 blogs I've discovered thanks to Ravelry (not that there are only 8 that I've discovered there - ha! - a far cry, but the number works with the meme and I have my shoulder to think of. Maybe I'll add more later, and/or there's my nifty new blogroll in the sidebar, which somebody on ravelry showed me how to do.)
Recent Ravelry-Related Finds:
The Knit Mongrel
Everybody Else Is
Lori's Knitting Blog
The Missing Link (a podcast on the history of science, medicine and technology by a Ravelrer)
Worm Spit (by a guy who spins silk and has incredibly awesome videos about it...)
*Off-topic, but if you're open to the idea of a Harry Potter fanfic, she's writing one that kicks total popka, so you might want to introduce yourself to her and ask her where to find it.