02 July 2006

@$%&$@%&^!

Working on Mom's sweater. Had to pick up and start the first sleeve three times until I could get it into my thick head how many stitches I needed to have it start with. Then knit 96 rows before I realized I had totally miscalculated the length of the sleeve, and therefore the slope of the decreases. Frogged back to row 27 last night. Tried modeling the sleeve in an Excel chart this morning to make sure it's really going to work this time, and it looked awful. However, I think this was due rather to my inability to make Excel do what I want, than a problem with the math. No, really. I checked all my math this time, and re-measured, and fixed my schematic. So, here goes, I'm going to try again. Schedule of getting this thing done before visit to Mom is all shot to pieces, though...

And let this be a lesson to my future self....never draw messy schematics, where it's not clear whether the sleeve length measurement begins at the neckline, or at the shoulder. You never know when you're going to set the schematic aside for a few years and forget all the details...

No comments: