29 November 2007

Pictures - A Start

I know, I know.

I'm a total blog failure lately.

And it's not really because I'm preparing for a campus job interview (yahoo!) which means writing a presentation/lecture, researching the school, and trying not to worry myself to death. It's really all about spending too much time on Ravelry.

My alpaca leg-warmers. This is what I ended up doing with that KnitPicks Decadence I didn't know what to do with. Very handy here.



Some spinning:





The blue-ish stuff is the gradation-dyed merino I got at the Allegan Fiber Festival. When I bought it the seller warned me that the dye could make it difficult to draft. It's true - I really needed two hands to do it. So, with the help of this video (and all those weeks of practice with the supported spindling), I finally learned to successfully use a drop spindle!!


More soon, I promise!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

You make gorgeous yarn! I'm drooling myself!
Beautiful photos! Looking forward to seeing more of Moscow.
Mmmm, those leg warmers, those will help keep you warm!

Marianne said...

That video link didn't work for me, anyone else?

Kate A. said...

I just checked the link and it didn't work for me either - and neither did the rest of Abby's site. It must be down, but I can only hope it's temporary. It's supposed to go to Abby Franquemont's blog, called Abby's Yarns. She has several spinning videos, and this one was "Drop Spindle Basics."

Thanks, btw! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your job interview. will it be here in moscow?

historicstitcher said...

Yay!! You can spin!!!

All that fretting and what have you got?

YARN!

Nice to hear from you again! Let's both get back in the swing and post regularly. Ar you ready for some history/knitting/spinning/textile discussions?

Ruth's Place said...

Beautiful yarn and spectacular view! Nice to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you know how to spin! I'm almost glad you're in Moscow, otherwise I'd be bugging you to teach me. :) The pictures are lovely... and you're making me want to visit even more. I can't wait to hear more about your life there... and heaps of good luck at your job interview!!!

LizKnits said...

Good to see you back. So what are you doing on ravelry? Once you have your projects up and posted, what's left? I'd love to hear about how you're spending your time there in another post.

KnittyLynn said...

Glad to hear from you again! And Ravelry is amazing and addictive. :)
As for apologizing and the thing with the guilt? Forget it!
blogging without obligation!
http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233

Anonymous said...

your spindle is fun!!!

le chat qui coud
http://milouson.canalblog.com